Looking for something?

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

How to Get Rid of Annoying Fruit Flies Naturally

Natural, non-toxic solution for getting rid of fruit flies. How to Get Rid of Annoying Fruit Flies Naturally.


A couple weeks ago I started juicing three times a day. Even though I was cleaning my juicer thoroughly between uses, the fruit flies kept coming and coming. It was so bad that I was swatting them away from my face at night in my bed. It was super annoying. Since there had never been so much fruit in my house before I started juicing, fruit flies had never been a real problem so I had no idea what to do to get rid of them. So I did a little research on how to get rid of them and began taking preventive measures to keep them from coming back. 
Here's what  I did and how you can get rid of those annoying little buggy buzzers as well.


▲Store your fruit in the refrigerator. They can't get to it in there!

▲Wipe down the area where the fruit used to be to clean up and sugary sweetness left behind.

▲Take out your trash if scraps have been sitting in it for more than a day. 

Make or buy a fruit fly trap. Be sure the clean it out every other day or the flies will start to breed in it. Ew.

▲Hang flypaper traps in infested areas. These might not be the prettiest things ever but you don't have to worry about flies escaping or breeding in one.



To prevent excessive fruit flies:
  • Never let fruit ripen or rot on counter tops.
  • Always clean up thoroughly after prepping fruit and rinse any dishes you use before putting them int he sink.
  • Put fruit scraps in a ziploc bag or tightly tied grocery bag before putting in the trash.
  • Or make sure to run the disposal immediately after putting scraps in the sink.
  • Take our your trash regularly and keep outside trash cans away from the house.

I hope this helps!
Do you have any tips for keeping those pesky little rascals away?

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related Content